Estimation Problems: 2nd Order PQL - logistic

Welcome to the forum for MLwiN users. Feel free to post your question about MLwiN software here. The Centre for Multilevel Modelling take no responsibility for the accuracy of these posts, we are unable to monitor them closely. Do go ahead and post your question and thank you in advance if you find the time to post any answers!

Remember to check out our extensive software FAQs which may answer your question: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/cmm/software/s ... port-faqs/
carlabologna

Estimation Problems: 2nd Order PQL - logistic

Post by carlabologna »

Hi there!
I am running a 3 level logistic model and, as suggested by literature, I am running it firstly estimating with 1st Order MQL then, when the model is completely estimated in that way, I should switch to 2nd Order PQL (by clicking on 'nonlinear' button, etc....) BUT when I click on 2nd order, PQL then MORE, lots of iterations start and the software it is not able to estimate, the covariates never turn in green but they continue to change numbers being always blue......at the end, when hundreds iterations are done and the model is not estimated (always blue and changing) I click and stop and clear.... :cry: :?: :cry: Any idea? Thanks, C. :?