Import imputation Start Analysis error

Welcome to the forum for MLwiN users. Feel free to post your question about MLwiN software here. The Centre for Multilevel Modelling take no responsibility for the accuracy of these posts, we are unable to monitor them closely. Do go ahead and post your question and thank you in advance if you find the time to post any answers!

Remember to check out our extensive software FAQs which may answer your question: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/cmm/software/s ... port-faqs/
Ngkalu11

Import imputation Start Analysis error

Post by Ngkalu11 »

Hi all,

I have been trying to run a multiple imputation analysis using the practical14 worksheets for over 2 days now. It's been one problem after another and a lot of these I have managed to resolve using some tips from the forum so thanks everyone. Unfortunately I am stuck with an issue it seems no one else has experienced. After running the MI in Realcome, I import the imputation on MLwiN, when I click start analysis, i get this message in equations instead of the multiple windows I should see:
-2*loglikelihood(IGLS Deviance) : not available(3132 of 4873 cases in use).

I am not sure why the cases are not available, there are no error messages. Did anyone else experience this or have a solution?

Thanks all
ChrisCharlton

Re: Import imputation Start Analysis error

Post by ChrisCharlton »

The number of cases reported here are for the initially loaded data, rather than each of the imputed datasets (which would all have complete data). This is because these are only loaded temporarily while the imputation analysis is being run, and the original data is restored once this is complete.
Ngkalu11

Re: Import imputation Start Analysis error

Post by Ngkalu11 »

Thanks Chris for replying to both my posts, I have sent a response under the Realcom forum