Missing Data

Welcome to the forum for MLwiN users. Feel free to post your question about MLwiN software here. The Centre for Multilevel Modelling take no responsibility for the accuracy of these posts, we are unable to monitor them closely. Do go ahead and post your question and thank you in advance if you find the time to post any answers!

Remember to check out our extensive software FAQs which may answer your question: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/cmm/software/s ... port-faqs/
pida

Missing Data

Post by pida »

Hi all,

I got confused when I tried to run the data containing some missing values in the response.
When I run it with the missing values, it is said that "14394 of 14472 cases in use", what I undersatnd from it is that the program only make use of the non-missing data to build the model, and I suppose the result would be the same if I omit the missing cases and run the same model again, but it is not the case. When I got the 14394 non-missing cases only, the estimates of the coefficients are different!!
Is there anyone know what does "14394 of 14472 cases in use" really mean if it is not as what I understood?
Thank you all.

With best regards,
Pida