how to change labels manually in mlwin

Welcome to the forum for MLwiN users. Feel free to post your question about MLwiN software here. The Centre for Multilevel Modelling take no responsibility for the accuracy of these posts, we are unable to monitor them closely. Do go ahead and post your question and thank you in advance if you find the time to post any answers!

Remember to check out our extensive software FAQs which may answer your question: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/cmm/software/s ... port-faqs/
eulofant

how to change labels manually in mlwin

Post by eulofant »

Hi,
can somebody tell me how I can change the labels in a graph (Interaction plot) in Mlwin. I've read the usermanual and went through the online material and cannot find a command or menue how to simply change the variable labels (I mean by this replace labels, like e.g. "dummy_0 dummy_1" in an interaction plot with "yes no ". I'm sure this is embarrassingly easy but I could not find the answer in the manual.

thanks,

Stef
ChrisCharlton

Re: how to change labels manually in mlwin

Post by ChrisCharlton »

You can set the category labels from the names window (Data Manipulation->Names). If you highlight a categorical variable and the click the "view" button in the categories section then you will get a window containing a list of categories defined for that variable. If you edit the name here then it will be reflected elsewhere where this information is used (e.g. the equations window and graphs).
eulofant

Re: how to change labels manually in mlwin

Post by eulofant »

thanks, Chris :-)