Run time error '-2147417848 (80010108)':

Welcome to the forum for MLwiN users. Feel free to post your question about MLwiN software here. The Centre for Multilevel Modelling take no responsibility for the accuracy of these posts, we are unable to monitor them closely. Do go ahead and post your question and thank you in advance if you find the time to post any answers!

Remember to check out our extensive software FAQs which may answer your question: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/cmm/software/s ... port-faqs/
missmoira

Post by missmoira »

I have just downloaded MLwiN 2.23, however when I use one of the LEMMA worksheets to for instance make a graph the programme gives the following error:
Automation error
The object invoked has disconnected from its clients.

It does first come up with the graph, but the programme then comes up with the error and shuts down. It does this for instance when following the instructions on page 7 of practicals (make a histogram) for module 3 using worksheet 3.1, but the same happens when using another of the worksheets.

I have removed and reinstalled the programme, but that has not made any difference. My laptop runs Windows XP and should therefore be compatible.

Any thoughts on why this may be, and what I can do about it?

With thanks :) ,

Mariken
ChrisCharlton

Re: Run time error '-2147417848 (80010108)':

Post by ChrisCharlton »

Unfortunately I don't know exactly what is causing this problem as it is occurring in the graph component, which is provided by a third party. It may be that this component is conflicting with something else installed on your computer, but this would be hard to track down. One thing to try would be to start MLwiN as an administrative user to see if the problem occurs there too.