Dichotomous dependent variable

Welcome to the forum for MLwiN users. Feel free to post your question about MLwiN software here. The Centre for Multilevel Modelling take no responsibility for the accuracy of these posts, we are unable to monitor them closely. Do go ahead and post your question and thank you in advance if you find the time to post any answers!

Remember to check out our extensive software FAQs which may answer your question: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/cmm/software/s ... port-faqs/
MaraMlwin

Dichotomous dependent variable

Post by MaraMlwin »

Hello everyone,

I'm a new user of MLwiN and multilevel modelling too. I am writing because I need your insights about a 3-level model, which the dependent variable is dichotmous (0=low achievers, 1=resilient). When i discussed about this analysis with some of my colleagues, they suggested to me to try the logistic regression for binary response. Trying this analysis and put only 2 predictors to level 2, i saw that it takes a lot of time to run the equation and i think that i'm doing something wrong. Is there an other option to run a model like this, with a dichotomous dependent variable? Or it is right the suggestion for binary response? I really hope to help me and finally to find a solution because i should had already run this analysis but i'm not sure if i follow each step right and in addition if it's normal to take so many time!

Kind regards,
Mara
ChrisCharlton

Re: Dichotomous dependent variable

Post by ChrisCharlton »

These types of model are covered in the following places:
I would suggest working through these to become familiar with using the software on these types of model and to get an idea of what options are available.
MaraMlwin

Re: Dichotomous dependent variable

Post by MaraMlwin »

Thank you! I will check out the links.