Error when trying to include an autocorrelation function

Welcome to the forum for MLwiN users. Feel free to post your question about MLwiN software here. The Centre for Multilevel Modelling take no responsibility for the accuracy of these posts, we are unable to monitor them closely. Do go ahead and post your question and thank you in advance if you find the time to post any answers!

Remember to check out our extensive software FAQs which may answer your question: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/cmm/software/s ... port-faqs/
moback

Error when trying to include an autocorrelation function

Post by moback »

I am trying to include an AC function as shown in chapter 5 of the manual supplement "A new method for estimating autocorrelated errors in continuous time". I have 22 countries followed across 30 years.
While this works fine for some models, I sometimes get the following message: PREFile : pre disabled, POSTfile : post disabled. After that, it says that convergence was achieved, but I get exactly the same estimates (standard error and likelihood) as in the model without AC. In one instance when I get this message, estimates are slightly changed however. I am not sure how to interpret this.