Print window image

Welcome to the forum for MLwiN users. Feel free to post your question about MLwiN software here. The Centre for Multilevel Modelling take no responsibility for the accuracy of these posts, we are unable to monitor them closely. Do go ahead and post your question and thank you in advance if you find the time to post any answers!

Remember to check out our extensive software FAQs which may answer your question: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/cmm/software/s ... port-faqs/
chrisMcM

Print window image

Post by chrisMcM »

Am I the only one who no longer seems to see the option "Print Window Image" under File? I'm using 2.24, and it wasn't in 2.23, but I can't remember which version I last saw it in.

Thanks!

Chris
ChrisCharlton

Re: Print window image

Post by ChrisCharlton »

This was removed a few versions ago for technical reasons. You can find more details here: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/cmm/software/s ... html#print
chrisMcM

Post by chrisMcM »

Thanks very much for that very quick and helpful reply. I'd searched for 'PRINT' but only looked through the forum and not the FAQs, which is probably how I had missed it earlier.

Thanks again

Chris
CMM
Site Admin

Post by CMM »

Good idea, I have pasted the question here:
I upgraded my MLwiN to version 2.20 and no longer can PRINT windows! When I select FILE, the PRINT option does not appear. Has anyone else encountered this? I had no errors appear when I installed the upgrade. I was using an earlier version earlier this morning and PRINT did appear (and I used it). Please let me know what to do.
CMM
Site Admin

Post by CMM »

The window capturing functionality has been moved to a (so far undocumented) command. This will allow window capture to be performed as part of a macro, as well as adding the ability to capture window images directly to bitmap files. Unfortunately the new command means that we are no longer able to send a window image directly to the printer. You can however get the same effect (with possibly more control over the size on paper/etc) by capturing the window image with the "Edit > Copy" menu option and then pasting the image into another application, such as a word processor, and printing from there.