help with data

Welcome to the forum for MLwiN users. Feel free to post your question about MLwiN software here. The Centre for Multilevel Modelling take no responsibility for the accuracy of these posts, we are unable to monitor them closely. Do go ahead and post your question and thank you in advance if you find the time to post any answers!

Remember to check out our extensive software FAQs which may answer your question: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/cmm/software/s ... port-faqs/
gutoseno

help with data

Post by gutoseno »

Hello, i need your help. I am using MlWiN to run a multiple membership analysis on a data that has US census tract number. After importing the data from a stata file, I noted that the tract numbers and adjacent tracts are not imported correctly and had wrong values and original tract numbers are repeated for some of the adjacent tracts. I kept variables as double but changed variables' format to %11.0f to keep the numbers when opening it in MlWiN.

I appreciate your help. thank you!
ChrisCharlton

Re: help with data

Post by ChrisCharlton »

Can you clarify which version of MLwiN you are using? Versions prior to 3 stored data as single-precision floating point, so if you are using one of these this could be why the data is getting truncated.