Error message - Input columns have unequal lengths

Welcome to the forum for MLwiN users. Feel free to post your question about MLwiN software here. The Centre for Multilevel Modelling take no responsibility for the accuracy of these posts, we are unable to monitor them closely. Do go ahead and post your question and thank you in advance if you find the time to post any answers!

Remember to check out our extensive software FAQs which may answer your question: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/cmm/software/s ... port-faqs/
oliverparker

Error message - Input columns have unequal lengths

Post by oliverparker »

I have set up a very simple three level binary logit model. Life Satisfaction against religious belonging. However, when I try and plot the predicted log odds (following the steps in module 7 of LEMMA using my data) I receive this error message:

"Input columns have unequal lengths (sort 2 'psu' 'RB' c42 c311 c311 c1498 c1500 c1499 c1491 c1478)"

All my varibales are the same length and so I don't know what has gone wrong. Thanks.
ChrisCharlton

Re: Error message - Input columns have unequal lengths

Post by ChrisCharlton »

Can you provide more details regarding the actual steps that you are performing that generate this message? It looks like it may be including various MLwiN-generated column within the sort command, which would be a different length. I would suggest looking at each of the columns mentioned in the error message in the names window to check that they really are the expected length.
oliverparker

Re: Error message - Input columns have unequal lengths

Post by oliverparker »

I’ve managed to sort it myself since I posted having checked the columns within the message! Thanks