Level Identifiers

Welcome to the forum for MLwiN users. Feel free to post your question about MLwiN software here. The Centre for Multilevel Modelling take no responsibility for the accuracy of these posts, we are unable to monitor them closely. Do go ahead and post your question and thank you in advance if you find the time to post any answers!

Remember to check out our extensive software FAQs which may answer your question: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/cmm/software/s ... port-faqs/
ChrisCharlton

Re: Level Identifiers

Post by ChrisCharlton »

If you were to follow the same model structure as in chapter 13 of the MLwiN User's Guide (http://bristol.ac.uk/cmm/software/mlwin ... nuals.html) then you would put occ (i.e. 1,2,3,4,5,6,...) as the level-1 identifier and person_id (i.e. 1,1,1,2,2,2,...) at level-2, before switching the model to multinomial which will push them both up another level. If I follow this approach I do not get any errors and obtain the following results:
equation_example_sk.png
equation_example_sk.png (49.63 KiB) Viewed 103874 times
Does this look sensible to you?
FerhatTura

Re: Level Identifiers

Post by FerhatTura »

Hi,
I have a similar problem with the one posted here. If you could help me I would appreciate it.
I have a longitudinal data set (4 years repeated measures) with a dependent variable (4 categories) and level 1=years (e.g. year=1,2,3,4) and level 2=individuals (e.g. id=1,1,1,1) (NOTE: not all individuals answered the questionnaires in all years). When I try to run multilevel multinomial logistic regression I get the attached error. As you suggested, I followed the same model structure as in chapter 13 of the MLwiN User's Guide and then tried to switch the model to multinomial, but it did not let me to do so. How I can sort this problem out please? Many thanks in advance.
Attachments
Screenshot (2).png
Screenshot (2).png (32.71 KiB) Viewed 103715 times