Input columns have unequal length

Welcome to the forum for MLwiN users. Feel free to post your question about MLwiN software here. The Centre for Multilevel Modelling take no responsibility for the accuracy of these posts, we are unable to monitor them closely. Do go ahead and post your question and thank you in advance if you find the time to post any answers!

Remember to check out our extensive software FAQs which may answer your question: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/cmm/software/s ... port-faqs/
gilleecl

Input columns have unequal length

Post by gilleecl »

Hi, I would be grateful if you can advise on the following error. I want to use unreplicate(take) to take the first entry in blocks defined by CNTSCHID, specify two input columns and two output columns. On doing this, I get the error: "Input columns have unequal lengths(TAKE 'CNTSCHID' c300 c301 c1500 c59 c60)". I don't understand why c1500 is included as it does not represent my input or output columns. In the data window, I can see that c300 and c301 both have length 157 (which I believe to be correct). I have deleted any records with missing values on CNTSCHID and there are 157 distinct IDs remaining so I am unclear how the problem arises. Any help appreciated, thank you.
ChrisCharlton

Re: Input columns have unequal length

Post by ChrisCharlton »

I suspect that the command is complaining that your 'CNTSCHID' column is a different length to the others. All the input columns involved in this command need to be of the same length.

c1500 is included in the command as this is temporary output column where it will put the short version of the ID column, as a column has not been manually specified for this.
gilleecl

Re: Input columns have unequal length

Post by gilleecl »

Hi, I discovered what I was doing incorrectly, thank you! Problem solved.