Multilevel discrete time survival analysis

Welcome to the forum for MLwiN users. Feel free to post your question about MLwiN software here. The Centre for Multilevel Modelling take no responsibility for the accuracy of these posts, we are unable to monitor them closely. Do go ahead and post your question and thank you in advance if you find the time to post any answers!

Remember to check out our extensive software FAQs which may answer your question: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/cmm/software/s ... port-faqs/
droesterle

Multilevel discrete time survival analysis

Post by droesterle »

I would like to estimate a multilevel discrete time survival analysis with dummy variables for each of the time points. I would like to specify the model by including all TIME dummy variables rather than omitting one of them and including an intercept. Reardon, Brennan, & Buka (2002) specify this model in equation 4 on p. 307 and note that "because there is no omitted age dummy variable, Model 4 includes no y00 intercept term in the level-two equation for alpha j0." However, in MLwiN I seem to be able to only set up this model with an omitted dummy variable. Ultimately, I would like to estimate a model with a cross-level interaction between TIME and a higher level predictor, as in equation 6 in Reardon et al. But again, I would like to have all TIME dummy variables in the model. How do I do that in MLwiN? An additional complication is that I have a 4-level model (i=time, j=individuals, k=communities, l=community pairs).

My model looks like in the attached file. TIME_0 is the reference category. ECTYPE is a level 3 (community) predictor.

Thanks!

Sabrina Oesterle
Attachments
MLDTSA.docx
(31.43 KiB) Downloaded 553 times