mcmc error 0150:

Welcome to the forum for MLwiN users. Feel free to post your question about MLwiN software here. The Centre for Multilevel Modelling take no responsibility for the accuracy of these posts, we are unable to monitor them closely. Do go ahead and post your question and thank you in advance if you find the time to post any answers!

Remember to check out our extensive software FAQs which may answer your question: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/cmm/software/s ... port-faqs/
kofidlehman

mcmc error 0150:

Post by kofidlehman »

I am looking for help with the mcmc error in mlwin, which occurs at the start of mcmc run. What does it mean and what are likely sources. I can find no reference to it in this database. If you need more information, please let me know. Thanks.

"mcmc error 0150: No burnin performed monitoring run(mcmc)."
ChrisCharlton

Re: mcmc error 0150:

Post by ChrisCharlton »

This message normally indicates that you are attempting to run the model (MCMC 1 ... command) without first doing the burnin/adapting phase (MCMC 0 ... command). Can you provide a bit more context, i.e. are you running the model through macros or via the "Start" button and can you replicate the behaviour that you are seeing with one of the examples in the MCMC manual?