runmlwin multinomial error

Welcome to the forum for runmlwin users. Feel free to post your question about runmlwin here. The Centre for Multilevel Modelling take no responsibility for the accuracy of these posts, we are unable to monitor them closely. Do go ahead and post your question and thank you in advance if you find the time to post any answers!

Go to runmlwin: Running MLwiN from within Stata >> http://www.bristol.ac.uk/cmm/software/runmlwin/
ali482002

runmlwin multinomial error

Post by ali482002 »

Hi Dear
I have run a multinomial multilevel model using runmlwin, but have got the following error:

OBEY "C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\ST_01000007.tmp"

error while obeying batch file C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\ST_01000007.tmp at line number 76:
calc 'pi'=expo('h')
106331 numeric errors in calculate command, first 20 affected entries listed.
Affected entries replaced with system missing.

error while obeying batch file C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\ST_01000007.tmp at line number 76:
calc c1177 = expo('h')
106331 numeric errors in calculate command, first 20 affected entries listed.
Affected entries replaced with system missing.

What does it mean? Any help is appreciated.

My command was:
xi: runmlwin V_outcome5 V_SEXID cons, level4( CODE_OSTAN:cons) level3( SHAHRESTAN :cons) level2( TheKey2:cons) level1(V_id:) dis
> crete(dist (multinomial) link(mlogit) denom (cons) basecategory(3)) mlwinsettings(optimat) nopause maxiterations(10)
Best Wishes
ChrisCharlton

Re: runmlwin multinomial error

Post by ChrisCharlton »

This suggests that MLwiN is having problems fitting the model. I would suggest trying a different base category, or a simpler model to see whether the problem also occurs there.