Error r(9999) in Stata using runmlwin

Welcome to the forum for runmlwin users. Feel free to post your question about runmlwin here. The Centre for Multilevel Modelling take no responsibility for the accuracy of these posts, we are unable to monitor them closely. Do go ahead and post your question and thank you in advance if you find the time to post any answers!

Go to runmlwin: Running MLwiN from within Stata >> http://www.bristol.ac.uk/cmm/software/runmlwin/
lets141234

Error r(9999) in Stata using runmlwin

Post by lets141234 »

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to ask for some help concering an error Stata is throwing at me when trying to use runmlwin.

Could not load plugin: c:\ado\plus\r\runmlwin_mcmcdiagnostics.plugin
(error occurred while loading runmlwin_mcmcdiag.ado)
r(9999);

I have no problem running GLS options. My issue is when I try to run MCMC and see the ouputs in Stata; the model runs perfectly in mlwin but when it tries to show the results in Stata... the aformentioned error appears. I have reviewed that the file is actually in the location described and it is; so I have no idea why Stata is unable to use the plugin. Does anyone have any idea about how to solve this problem? I am using Stata 13 and Mlwin 2.36.

Regards,

Luis
ChrisCharlton

Re: Error r(9999) in Stata using runmlwin

Post by ChrisCharlton »

Could you check this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=593&p=1412

to see whether this is the same problem that you are encountering? Note, the plugin has been updated since this reply was written so the new checksum for the 64-bit plugin should be:

Code: Select all

. checksum "runmlwin_mcmcdiagnostics.plugin"
Checksum for runmlwin_mcmcdiagnostics.plugin = 2589902397, size = 53248
If this doesn't match your problem then let me know.
lets141234

Post by lets141234 »

Hi Chris,

I have tried that solution but it didn't work.

When I ask for the check sum, this is the error that appears:

checksum "runmlwin_mcmcdiagnostics.plugin"
file runmlwin_mcmcdiagnostics.plugin not found
r(601);

Regards,

L
ChrisCharlton

Post by ChrisCharlton »

Could you check the directory mentioned in your previously posted error message (c:\ado\plus\r\) to see if the file is there? If so you will probably have to change into that directory before running the checksum command, or provide the full path name.
lets141234

Post by lets141234 »

Chis,

I did with the exact route I described before and the result is this:

. checksum "c:\ado\plus\r\runmlwin_mcmcdiagnostics.plugin"
Checksum for c:\ado\plus\r\runmlwin_mcmcdiagnostics.plugin = 2589902397, size = 53248

I believe is correct according to the new update... but I am still not able to use the plugin.

L
ChrisCharlton

Post by ChrisCharlton »

It's possible that you're missing a required library. Could you try installing the Visual Studio 2010 (x64) runtime package from https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/downloa ... x?id=14632 and seeing whether you get any further?