variable v28 not found

Welcome to the forum for REALCOM users. Feel free to post your question about REALCOM here. The Centre for Multilevel Modelling take no responsibility for the accuracy of these posts, we are unable to monitor them closely. Do go ahead and post your question and thank you in advance if you find the time to post any answers!

Go REALCOM (Developing multilevel models for REAListically COMplex social science data) >> http://www.bristol.ac.uk/cmm/software/realcom/
Jamoo

variable v28 not found

Post by Jamoo »

Hi,

I've just got this error after realcomImputeLoad. I think I've had it before but am not sure where to look in the impvals file to check.

I've used the following
insheet using impvals.txt,clear nonames
and everything seems in order - it specifies 28 separate variables, with the number of imputations and observations that I'm expecting.

Any advice appreciated.

As an aside, when I try to search the forum, it often says that my search terms are 'too common'. Thus trying to search for this error using, for example, 'variable not found' doesn't work because all three terms are too common. Is this a common issue or am I searching using the wrong box? It would obviously be pretty important to allow users to mine the archives - I have a feeling that my question above has been asked before.

Thanks

Jamie
ChrisCharlton

Re: variable v28 not found

Post by ChrisCharlton »

It might be that you're having this problem again: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=485. If not then you'll need to do a

Code: Select all

set trace on
to see exactly what Stata is doing when it encounters the error.

I'll look into whether there are any board settings to improve searching, however as it is also indexed by other engines, you can use these as an alternative. For example the following search term in Google:

realcom variable not found site:https://www.cmm.bris.ac.uk/forum

will include the link that I provided above.