GUI query - missing sections

Welcome to the forum for REALCOM users. Feel free to post your question about REALCOM here. The Centre for Multilevel Modelling take no responsibility for the accuracy of these posts, we are unable to monitor them closely. Do go ahead and post your question and thank you in advance if you find the time to post any answers!

Go REALCOM (Developing multilevel models for REAListically COMplex social science data) >> http://www.bristol.ac.uk/cmm/software/realcom/
gilleecl

GUI query - missing sections

Post by gilleecl »

Hi,

I wonder if anyone has encountered a similar problem to the one I'm currently experiencing...When I open Realcom-Impute, the top and right-hand side parts of the GUI are missing (see attached screenshot). Thus, I cannot open data files etc. I would very much appreciate any suggestions.

thanks
Lorraine Gilleece
Liverpool Hope University
Attachments
screenshot_Realcom.docx
(227.65 KiB) Downloaded 627 times
gilleecl

Re: GUI query - missing sections

Post by gilleecl »

Hi,

Actually realised this can be fixed by changing size of display.

Thanks,
Lorraine
meekyjb1

Post by meekyjb1 »

How did you change the display size, I have the same problem and I cannot find this option??
thanks
gilleecl

Post by gilleecl »

Hi, it's quite a while since I did it but as far as I can recall, I played around with the display settings in the control panel of the computer. As far as I can remember, I also needed to change my region settings to American (under Control panel -> Clock, language, region). I can't remember why this was but I think it was necessary. Sorry can't be more help but if anything else comes to me, I'll let you know!
Lorraine
meekyjb1

Post by meekyjb1 »

thanks I have tried all screen resolutions and have now swapped to a different computer where it works but is still not ideal as I have to remove all task bars to view it. Thanks for the tip about the language as this was an issue on the new computer and I have changed this setting now.
ChrisCharlton

Post by ChrisCharlton »

Realcom doesn't current take into account whether you have changed the screen DPI setting from the default. In Windows XP you can find this setting by clicking the "Advanced" button in display settings and looking under the "General" tab. In Windows 7 you can change the equivalent setting by choosing "Make text and other items larger or smaller" in the screen resolution settings.

We will look into whether it is possible for it to take this into account in a future update to Realcom.