Imputed Datasets - Stand Alone

Welcome to the forum for REALCOM users. Feel free to post your question about REALCOM here. The Centre for Multilevel Modelling take no responsibility for the accuracy of these posts, we are unable to monitor them closely. Do go ahead and post your question and thank you in advance if you find the time to post any answers!

Go REALCOM (Developing multilevel models for REAListically COMplex social science data) >> http://www.bristol.ac.uk/cmm/software/realcom/
kmccarley

Imputed Datasets - Stand Alone

Post by kmccarley »

I am trying to impute missing values in a multilevel model. The program seems to run appropriately and outputs the specified imputed datasets. At this point, I need to import the datasets into SAS. Since the imputed datasets only include the response variables and are missing subject-level identifiers, I am not sure how to then merge the imputed dataset back with the original data. Is there a way to either have the imputed datasets include all of the variables included in the model (both auxiliary and response) or include a subject number in the imputed dataset?

Thanks for your help!
ChrisCharlton

Re: Imputed Datasets - Stand Alone

Post by ChrisCharlton »

There are currently no options for specifying how the imputed data is saved from Realcom, however as the data should be in the same order as your original file you could generate a variable based on the record number in both files and then merge on this.