All variables as responses

Welcome to the forum for REALCOM users. Feel free to post your question about REALCOM here. The Centre for Multilevel Modelling take no responsibility for the accuracy of these posts, we are unable to monitor them closely. Do go ahead and post your question and thank you in advance if you find the time to post any answers!

Go REALCOM (Developing multilevel models for REAListically COMplex social science data) >> http://www.bristol.ac.uk/cmm/software/realcom/
shakespeare

All variables as responses

Post by shakespeare »

It was suggested by a member of your staff that I set up my imputation model as "all responses" in order to mitigate error messages I received from Realcom. I presume that's that same as is alluded to here: http://www.jstatsoft.org/v45/i05/paper on p. 4, section 3. My data are are two level with subjects nested in locations, and all covariates at level one. Does making the imputation model all responses include just the explanatory and response variables, or should it also include the level 2 identifier and constant as well? A read back through the theory did not quite shed enough light to make it clear.
ChrisCharlton

Re: All variables as responses

Post by ChrisCharlton »

The suggestion would have referred to just the explanatory variables and response variables, with the constant and level identifier used as in your original model.
shakespeare

Post by shakespeare »

Thank you. I've changed everything except the constant and level 2 identifier to response variables in the Add/Remove responses dialog box. I'm wondering if any changes are necessary in the Add/Remove explanatory variables dialog. Seems like even though this is marking certain variables as explanatory, it is necessary to leave them as tagged as level 1 variables (all my covariates are at level 1), or Realcom will not know the proper structure to impute. Am I on the right track?
ChrisCharlton

Post by ChrisCharlton »

Once you have set all your variables to be responses the only explanatory variable specified should be the constant (which is set to be at level-1 and level-2).