2 level template error

Welcome to the forum for Stat-JR users. Feel free to post your question about Stat-JR here. The Centre for Multilevel Modelling take no responsibility for the accuracy of these posts, we are unable to monitor them closely. Do go ahead and post your question and thank you in advance if you find the time to post any answers!

We will add further support to the Stat-JR website, such as FAQs and tutorials, as soon as it is available; the Stat-JR website can be found here: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/cmm/software/statjr/
shakespeare

Re: 2 level template error

Post by shakespeare »

I'm running the 2LevelImpute eBook.zip file examples, so I don't see the input string. Is it available? This is the second example, the 2 level model. Seems like I'd have to at least go through all four steps to get the input string. The example is crashing on Step 2.
richardparker

Post by richardparker »

Hi - sorry to hear you have having trouble. Would you be able to send a screenshot of the inputs you are making which result in the error? Or perhaps try to run the same example but using the other Stat-JR interface, TREE. The same dataset and template should be accessible from there (if they have been saved in templates and datasets folders of the Stat-JR install, which by default Stat-JR uses), and can just enter the inputs as described in the eBook to see if it works or not. That will also produce an input string (a line of text which appears between the upper section of the screen in which you enter the inputs and the lower section in which the outputs are displayed).

Best wishes,

Richard
shakespeare

Post by shakespeare »

Ok. I managed to remedy this problem by restarting TREE and inputting the model parameters once again, and that got me down to Step 4. Now I'm getting the same message I got before about files being used by another process:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "ebooktest.py", line 126, in new_resource
File "ebooktest.py", line 236, in new_input
File "ebooktest.py", line 265, in check_run
File "ebooktest.py", line 548, in run_input
File "ebooktest.py", line 275, in run_model
File "C:\StatJR\packages\Python_script.py", line 71, in run
self.eng.run('script.py')
File "O:\StatJR\estat\trunk\src\lib\EStat\engines\Engine.py", line 43, in decorated
File "O:\StatJR\estat\trunk\src\lib\EStat\engines\Python.py", line 16, in run
File "", line 259, in
File "c:\Python27\lib\multiprocessing\pool.py", line 554, in get
CompileError: error: c:\users\sc014459\appdata\local\temp\4\tmpzdrka6\virozz: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process

So, I think I need some ideas to give to my IT team about what we might try to solve this problem. It was previously suggested that a virus checker might be interfering. Can you think of any other problem that might cause the above message? Thx.
richardparker

Post by richardparker »

Hi - the error message you sent appears to be from DEEP (the eBook-reading interface) as opposed to TREE. Might be worth trying it in TREE as well - you can run the template with the example dataset from there (you'll see the input boxes are the same, so you can enter the same inputs as you did in the eBook).

Best wishes,

Richard