Multilevel negative binomial model selection using R2MlwiN

Welcome to the forum for R2MLwiN users. Feel free to post your question about R2MLwiN here. The Centre for Multilevel Modelling take no responsibility for the accuracy of these posts, we are unable to monitor them closely. Do go ahead and post your question and thank you in advance if you find the time to post any answers!

Go to R2MLwiN: Running MLwiN from within R >> http://www.bris.ac.uk/cmm/software/r2mlwin/
FerhatTura

Multilevel negative binomial model selection using R2MlwiN

Post by FerhatTura »

Hi,

I am new to R/RStuido/R2MlwiN and running two-level negative binomial models. The Coef. and Std. Err. values of the independent variables are identical with MLwiN results (including intercept of the fixed and random parts) but not sure how to decide which model fits the data better as no Log likelehood and Deviance statistic is reported (i.e. NA). Without deviance statistics, is there a way of deciding which model fits the data better? Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Ferhat
ChrisCharlton

Re: Multilevel negative binomial model selection using R2MlwiN

Post by ChrisCharlton »

If you're running the model via MCMC then you could compare the DIC statistics, otherwise I think that your only option would be a Wald test.
FerhatTura

Re: Multilevel negative binomial model selection using R2MlwiN

Post by FerhatTura »

Thank you very much Chris.