Imputation and perfect prediction

Welcome to the forum for REALCOM users. Feel free to post your question about REALCOM here. The Centre for Multilevel Modelling take no responsibility for the accuracy of these posts, we are unable to monitor them closely. Do go ahead and post your question and thank you in advance if you find the time to post any answers!

Go REALCOM (Developing multilevel models for REAListically COMplex social science data) >> http://www.bristol.ac.uk/cmm/software/realcom/
odukesucl

Imputation and perfect prediction

Post by odukesucl »

Hi,

I am developing a multi-level imputation model for several categorical variables and want to include many predictor variables in the model. How does REALCOM IMPUTE cope with perfect prediction? I am anticipating PP to be an issue, and read in the book 'Multiple Imputation and Its Application' (Carpenter & Kenward) that a method to cope with this issue in the maximum indicant model is to bound acceptable draws for the latent normal variables being imputed. Is this method included in the software, or does it need to be implemented manually?

Thanks
Harvey Goldstein

Re: Imputation and perfect prediction

Post by Harvey Goldstein »

There is no feature in realcom to do this I'm afraid.
Harvey Goldstein
Harvey Goldstein

Re: Imputation and perfect prediction

Post by Harvey Goldstein »

We haven't really explored this. There are some bounds that are placed around draws that may deal with this, but you would do best to avoid perfect predictions if you can. Interested to know if it works for you however.
Harvey Goldstein