Trial version does not install

Welcome to the forum for MLwiN users. Feel free to post your question about MLwiN software here. The Centre for Multilevel Modelling take no responsibility for the accuracy of these posts, we are unable to monitor them closely. Do go ahead and post your question and thank you in advance if you find the time to post any answers!

Remember to check out our extensive software FAQs which may answer your question: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/cmm/software/s ... port-faqs/
sumeet1509

Trial version does not install

Post by sumeet1509 »

I have admin privileges. I tried to install the trial version on 3 PCs: two of them Win7 and one Win10. I get error messages and the thing rolls back. Iam based in the US.
ChrisCharlton

Re: Trial version does not install

Post by ChrisCharlton »

I am not sure what might be causing this. Could you let us know what the error message said?
sumeet1509

Post by sumeet1509 »

Here is the screenshot. Thanks!
Attachments
Slide1.JPG
Slide1.JPG (42.13 KiB) Viewed 12941 times
ChrisCharlton

Post by ChrisCharlton »

Thanks for this, unfortunately the error message does not give me much to work with, although I suspect that the problem happens when the installer attempts to start the trial period. As I don't currently have a Windows 10 machine here to test it with I won't be able to replicate the problem, so could you instead try the following version:

https://www.bristol.ac.uk/cmm/media/sof ... -Trial.exe

which is the same trial version contained in a self-extracting zip file. To use this extract it to a location of your choosing and run the mlwin.exe file in the i386 subdirectory.
ErwinSol

Post by ErwinSol »

chrismarrtin12 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:19 pm Thanks for this, unfortunately the error message does not give me much to work with, although I still prefer these crossbows and suspect that the problem happens when the installer attempts to start the trial period. As I don't currently have a Windows 10 machine here to test it with I won't be able to replicate the problem, so could you instead try the following version:
Just want to report the same problem. I'm on Windows 10 as well. My laptop computer is still on Windows 7 and it installed fine there.
Last edited by ErwinSol on Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:15 am, edited 6 times in total.
chrismartin12

Post by chrismartin12 »

I m not able to install in my win10. please help me
ChrisCharlton

Post by ChrisCharlton »

Unfortunately I do not currently have Windows 10 to test with here. Did you try the download that I provided earlier in this thread? If so what message did this give?