Cross-classified multilevel logit model: Deriving ICCs with varying group sizes

Welcome to the forum for runmlwin users. Feel free to post your question about runmlwin here. The Centre for Multilevel Modelling take no responsibility for the accuracy of these posts, we are unable to monitor them closely. Do go ahead and post your question and thank you in advance if you find the time to post any answers!

Go to runmlwin: Running MLwiN from within Stata >> http://www.bristol.ac.uk/cmm/software/runmlwin/
johannesmueller

Cross-classified multilevel logit model: Deriving ICCs with varying group sizes

Post by johannesmueller »

Dear all,

I am seeking to derive the ICCs of a cross-classified multilevel logit model. The data are 5,000,000 individuals nested in Level A (150 units) and Level B (40 units); it is an additive cross-classifed model.

Group sizes vary considerably, however, from 500 to 1,000,000 in the case of Level B, for example.

I am wondering to which extent this poses a problem and what could be done to mitigate it.

Many thanks in advance!
billb

Re: Cross-classified multilevel logit model: Deriving ICCs with varying group sizes

Post by billb »

Hi Johannes,
I am not sure that the group size differences will make much difference here - I guess you just have more information about within group variability in some groups than others. Your smallest group is still pretty big compared to many situations.
Best wishes,
Bill.