Wrong parameters(SETX)

Welcome to the forum for MLwiN users. Feel free to post your question about MLwiN software here. The Centre for Multilevel Modelling take no responsibility for the accuracy of these posts, we are unable to monitor them closely. Do go ahead and post your question and thank you in advance if you find the time to post any answers!

Remember to check out our extensive software FAQs which may answer your question: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/cmm/software/s ... port-faqs/
Kvdbrach

Wrong parameters(SETX)

Post by Kvdbrach »

Hi,

I've encountered an error while trying to model cross-classified data. I have a sample of 13642 immigrants in 184 destinations and 158 origins. I've set up a 2-level null-model with destination at the secondary level. Next I've used the Command interface to set up the third level:

IDEN 3 'CONSTANT'

which works fine (SETT outputs a 3-level model (1: Constant; 2: Destination; 3: Constant)). Next I use the following command:

SETX 'CONSTANT' 3 'ORIGIN' C101-C158 C50.

and the error 'Wrong parameters(SETX)' occurs. No mather what I try (for instance switching destination and origin in the model, changing column-numbers,...) I keep getting the same error. The identifying codes are coded consecutive and numbered from 1 upwards so that should be no problem. Is there any way to get a clue about which parameter is wrong?

Version number: 2.24

Greetings,
Koen Van der Bracht
ChrisCharlton

Re: Wrong parameters(SETX)

Post by ChrisCharlton »

As you have 158 origins I think that the command should be:

SETX 'CONSTANT' 3 'ORIGIN' C101-C258 C50

If this still doesn't work could you confirm that the example on page 276 of the MLwiN user guide works for you. If it does then could you email me an example worksheet that demonstrates the problem and I will look into it further.
Kvdbrach

Re: Wrong parameters(SETX)

Post by Kvdbrach »

Thanks for your reply.

I've tried it before with C201-C358 which didn't work, but C101-C258 indeed works now, thanks.